- MUCINEX® is a 12 hour, extended-release 600g guaiphenesin tablet1,2,3
- Patented bi-layer tablet technology† 1, 2, 3
- - Immediate-release layer provides rapid delivery of the active ingredient, while the extended-release layer provides 12-hour symptom relief
- Maximum therapeutic daily dose provides the potency of multiple doses without frequent dosing intervals of liquid guaiphenesin.
- -Mucinex® is convenient to take with just 2 doses per day, 1-2 tablets twice daily, maximum therapeutic dose of 2400mg
- - Other Guaiphenesin medications could require up to 6 doses per day
Based on dosage instructions Maximum therapeutic dose = 2400mg/day
† Blue and white tablet depicts Mucinex®.
References: 1. Data on file [Mucinex® NDA], Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ. 2. Food and Drug Administration Web site. Electronic Orange Book. http://www.fda.gov/cder/ob. Accessed February 21, 2011. 3. Mucinex® NZ Data Sheet